Managing the Transition from Primary to Secondary school for Families of Children with Dyspraxia/DCD 17.5.2021
This webinar looks at the changing environments and challenges facing children with Dyspraxia/DCD during the transition from primary school to secondary school. The webinar aims to provide families with a greater understanding of the challenges their child may face during this transition. Pro-active planning and preparation will also be discussed.
Areas to be covered include:
- Reviewing new expectations and potential challenges children may face as they transition to secondary school.
- Ideas on how you and your child can prepare for these transitions.
- Strategies to help children adapt and succeed in their new surroundings.
- Discussion of the potential supports available during this transition.
- Participants will have a greater understanding of the challenges associated with the transition to secondary school.
- Participants will develop knowledge of a number of pro-active strategies to help their child plan and prepare for the transition to secondary school.
- Participants will have a knowledge of a number of strategies and teaching techniques to aid the student with Dyspraxia/DCD in the new Secondary classroom setting.
- Participants will have developed awareness of the supports and resources available to assist during the transition process.
To register for this webinar; https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dP-oA_dPRRmmMvcdOvxDSA
|Course date||17-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||17-05-2021 8:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||07-04-2021|
|Cut off date||17-05-2021|
|Speaker||Stephen Hodnett, occupational therapist and primary school teacher|