Language & Writing - Preparing for Paper One: Leaving Certificate English 5.11.2020
This webinar, primarily suited to Higher Level Leaving Cert Teachers of English (Ordinary Level welcome to attend) will examine the following:
- Comprehension- how to prepare for all three sections; the general understanding, the delivery, timing, volume of information required.
- Special attention to the style question. Key vocabulary required, how to recognise style elements and how they improve the text given.
- Recognising and writing in different language genres; Language of Argument, Narrative writing, Persuasive writing, Aesthetic writing etc.
- Functional Writing- exposure to quality texts. How to create a H1 piece. Structure- explanation of and adherence to IFCR.
- The highest mark earner on the paper- the 100m essay. Guidelines for the two year preparation for this essay.
- A closer examination of the Personal Essay.
- Ingredients for a quality Short Story.
- What does a Descriptive Essay look like?
- Preparing a quality Speech.
Facilitator Deirdre Carroll is an experienced post-primary Teacher of English, State Examiner of English for over 20 years and is delivering CPD to Education Centres since 2017.
|Course date||05-11-2020 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||05-11-2020 6:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||21-09-2020|
|Cut off date||05-11-2020 4:30 pm|
|Speaker||Deirdre Carroll, PP Teacher of English & local CDP facilitator|